Famously Beautiful Deep Green Town Home Seattle
This town home is famous and extremely good looking, but don’t let that scare you off. The subject of radio interviews, articles and soon to be featured in the 2013 10x10x10 Green Building Slam, this high performance home was a behind-the-walls star on the 2013 NW Green Home Tour last spring.
Are you the kind of person that is drawn to smart, versatile, easy-going, practical, no nonsense natural beauties? Who isn’t? This GREEN Realtor can’t help you with your ideal life partner but this home is a great fit for someone looking for those same features in their next residence. Just the elegance of authentic finishes, no faux or fancy anything here. Ponderosa knotty pine, polished concrete, stainless steel, cork, forged steel and some pleasantly surprising design choices thrown in for fun.
Yes, this home is rated 5 star Built Green, but it is also the physical manifestation of 30 years of an accumulated knowledge and intuition of a highly experienced and insightful builder. This is where form meets function.
There is just one townhome left, an end unit with privacy overlooking a magnificently ancient tree located in a park across the street. Depending on your lifestyle this townhome can approach the status of a Net-Zero or Passive House. Even if you aren’t frugal with your energy use, the house will save you money on utilities while saving you money on your taxes. The already installed PV panels are working away feeding power back to the grid while they are waiting for the new occupant to move in. Besides the electricity generation the water saving features watch your consumption so you don’t even need to think about water usage.
This town home might be well known, but fame hasn’t changed it. It’s had it’s time in the limelight and is ready to retire into a quieter life. It knows it’s built to last at least the next 200 years. It will be a reliable friend that will keep it’s good looks for years to come.
Just a sample of the unusual features:
- PV Panels (Solar Panels already installed) complete with financial incentives
- Passive solar and lots of natural daylighting
- Polished concrete floors with 4″ closed cell foam insulation beneath
- Bibs insulation with advanced framing minimizing thermal breaks
- Specially installed triple pane windows atop custom metal pan liners
- Green roof, cistern, and almost invisible storm water mitigation
- Custom milled, sustainably harvested wood, locally sourced
- Heat Recovery Ventilator with MERV 12 filter for superior air quality
- Universal Design on all floors
- Low utility usage–and bills
- LED lamps installed throughout–can be changed if desired
- In-wall USB charging ports and networking throughout the home
- All electric home including radiant ceiling heat and induction range
- Additional loft not included in square footage
- Beautifully functional 3rd floor deck with lots of light and Mt. Rainier view
- Owner/operator manual with hands-on warranty from the builder
- It’s own fan club (honestly, the builder has a following!)
As the Buyer’s Agent if you would like to know about this one of a kind opportunity I’d be happy to speak with you. This one of a kind home is not going to last for long. Take advantage of the bad luck of the government shut down and low interest rates. You’ll be glad you did.
2858 South Nevada Street Seattle (Columbia City) 2 blocks from the light rail station.